At Blythe House, the well-being of the people we support, hospice visitors, staff and volunteers is our first priority and that’s why we are following advice and guidance issued by Public Health England and the UK Government.
Blythe House Hospicecare continues to provides free care and services to people across the High Peak and Hope Valley. Our compassionate and expert staff are on hand to provide COVID-secure:
- 24/7 palliative and end of life care for patients in their own home – please call: 01298 813007 or 07512 852087.
- Shopping and prescription deliveries; telephone chats; transport to/from medical appointments; walking pets. Call: 01298 816990
- Support after diagnosis, living with your condition, symptom management, planning for end of life care, changes to treatment plans, understanding the current healthcare system, isolation, confusion and loneliness, physical therapies, mental health and well-being. Please find out more and refer someone online.
- Counselling and bereavement sessions for adults and children. (referral criteria may apply). Please find out more and refer online.
Our hospice shops are currently CLOSED in-line with the national lockdown. Visit our dedicated shops page.
Useful documents and information:
- Blythe House coronavirus Q&A leaflet
- Janet Dunphy, Hospice CEO, has created a leaflet offering palliative and end of life care support to care home staff and healthcare professionals across our wider community. The leaflet includes topics such as having difficult conversations and offering advice and guidance on how you can support people with life-limiting illnesses and those that you work with at this difficult time. Read it now.
- Free resources to help support your mental well-being during the ongoing situation
Take care and stay safe.