Blythe House does not capture and store any personal information about individuals who access this web site, except where such information is submitted to us voluntarily via email, or by using an electronic form.
We are fully committed to compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and wherever we request personal information from you, we will advise how the information will be used:
- How the information will be used
- Who will have access to the information, including any third parties
- Why they need access to the information
- How long the information will be kept
- To indicate if a user has visited a site previously
- To identify users and personalise their visit by customising web pages for them, for example by welcoming them by name on subsequent visits.
- To gather anonymous statistical usage information (web analytics) via a third-party tool such as Google Analytics, used to help us improve this web site.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
If you want to learn more about the general uses of cookies, including how to stop them being stored by your computer, please visit Cookiepedia – all about cookies.
Use of computer IP addresses
Blythe House may record the internet protocol (IP) addresses of computers used to access our web site. We use this information for the following purposes:
- To help us understand how our web site is used and the different geographical regions from which it is accessed.
- To help us diagnose any problems which might arise with access to the computer(s) on which our web site is hosted.
Recorded IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information so all visitors to our site remain anonymous.
Access to information
If you have any queries regarding any information we may hold about you, or would like us to update or destroy any such information, please contact us via e-mail, using the address below, or our on-line enquiry form. Please note, Blythe House reserve the right to charge an administration fee of £10 for handling any such request.