We always welcome quality goods to sell in our shops, and there are a number of ways you can donate.
You can take your donations directly to any of our shops. Find your nearest one here.
Alternatively if you would like to donate furniture or any other bulky items, we can collect them free of charge from your door. To arrange a collection please contact our Whaley Bridge shop: 01663 735328.
Items we can accept:
- Ladies', men's and children's clothing
- Shoes, handbags, belts, ties and accessories
- Bed linen, curtains and tablecloths
- Books, CDs and DVDs
- Cots, pushchairs, prams, and nursery equipment (Whaley Bridge only)
- Bric-a-brac, pictures and household items
- Furniture and rugs
- Small electrical items (All electrical items are PAT tested before they are put out for sale)
- Flat screen TVs if complete with remote control
Items we cannot accept:
- Furniture which does not comply with Trading Standards Regulations (fire labels must read "covers and fittings are match resistant, covers are cigarette resistant" - this does not apply to vintage/antique furniture. Those items are sold with the understanding that they may not comply with current requirements)
- Roller blades, skate boards and bicycles
- Computer monitors
- Non flat screen TVs
- Video players
- White goods including microwaves
- Children's car seats
We rely on your generous donations to keep our shops stocked and to continue the valuable work of Blythe House Hospice. Thank you!
DON'T FORGET - If you're a UK taxpayer we can apply for Gift Aid on your donated items meaning that we can claim an extra 25p per £1 from HMRC on the price we sell them for at the Whaley Bridge shop. More information on Gift Aid is available here.