Due to the ongoing coronavirus situation, understandably, many of our supporters have chosen to postpone or cancel their #GoBlueForBlytheHouse celebrations! If you require information about a specific event, please contact the organiser directly. Thank you so much!
Could you Go Blue throughout March 2020 to help raise funds for Blythe House?
We are so excited to launch our first ever #GoBlueForBlytheHouse campaign – inviting members of our local community to wear blue clothing or fancy dress and donate money to support patient care and services.
Everyone can get involved – including schoolchildren, students, work colleagues, and members of the public, who can choose any day throughout March 2020 to wear blue and donate to Blythe House.
As well as dressing up in blue, local businesses and other organisations might like to get involved by decorating shop windows or office space. People may also have bigger ideas to organise an event like a blue coffee morning or dinner party!
Freya and Ethan Cawthorn-Morris are set to get their friends at Chapel-en-le-Frith C of E VC Primary School involved in the campaign. Their mum, Charlotte Cawthorn began attending Blythe House in 2018, following her breast cancer diagnosis.
Freya, 11, and Ethan, 7, said: ‘We are really excited for our school to Go Blue for Blythe House and we are busy thinking of ideas for extra things that our friends can do on that day to help raise money. Blythe House has helped our mum, and us too, over the past couple of years, and we all enjoy the time that we spend there.’
Here is a round-up of amazing support that we know is happening – if you’re aware of other exciting initiatives to mark #GoBlueForBlytheHouse please let us know by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Beauty by NKD in Chapel-en-le-Frith is preparing to turn its shop window blue to support the hospice.
- Vicci Wild and Julie Forrest from the Blythe House community volunteer programme (right) are promising to wear blue wigs throughout the month for donations to the hospice. Find out more and sponsor them.
- Week beginning 2nd March: Lindsey Kitson and Sarah Bush are hosting a fundraising week with baking and dressing up for the children at Chapel-en-le-Frith Playgroup.
- 3rd March: Go Blue Day at Blythe House Hospicecare – if you are working or volunteering, come along wearing blue clothing or fancy dress and make a small donation to the hospice.
- 4th March: Buxton and Leek College fundraising event at the Devonshire Dome including a raffle, tombola and cake sale, hosted by former Blythe House work experience student, Emily Efstathiou.
- 7th March: 50th birthday party for Belinda Waterhouse.
- 7th March: Blue bingo hosted by Amie Worrall at the Devonshire Dome.
- 9th March: Go Blue day at Street Crane in Chapel-en-le-Frith.
- 15th March: Go Blue for Sue – fundraising walk in memory of Sue Cripps, organised by Sharon Wood.
- Week beginning 16th March: Window display at Lightwood Dental Care in Buxton – POSTPONED
- 19th March: Go Blue day at Thornbrook Surgery, Chapel-en-le-Frith
- 20th March: Go Blue day at Chapel-en-le-Frith C of E VC Primary School
- 21st March: Coffee morning and table top sale at Combs Village Hall hosted by Ann Chapman – POSTPONED
- 21st and 22nd March: Go Blue weekend at Morrisons supermarket in Chapel-en-le-Frith
- 28th March: Keep your eyes peeled at the Springs shopping centre in Buxton as Blythe House volunteer Sue Boulton heads out as Mama Smurfette alongside Blythe Bear! – POSTPONED
To find out more, or to request a fundraising pack, call the team on 01298 815 388 or email email@example.com!